Coronavirus has changed our world dramatically! Words like social distancing and lockdown which before this time were alien to us, have now become the new words on literally everyone’s lips, even children are chanting; “social distancing”.
Due to the pandemic, our once busy streets have become ghost towns, more and more people are working remotely, and half of the population is working from home. This is one change that no one saw coming, no one predicted this one. It just came upon us like a thief in the night.
But you know what they say, every experience has a lesson, and this one is no different. So what are the lessons to be taken from this experience? This coronavirus pandemic has taught us that the world is becoming more and more of a digital plane and that it would be foolhardy not to join the train. so! if You already have an online business; this is a good time to take things a notch higher by strengthening your online presence.
I know what you’re thinking; “how do I take my online business a notch higher” it’s simple!!
Good old SEO is all you need to do. SEO is one of the best ways for you as a digital marketer and content creator to strengthen your business. It is pretty simple to understand but more importantly it has so many amazing benefits; from free traffic to an increase in leads and sales. That said, let’s take a closer look into what SEO means.
[bctt tweet=”I know what you’re thinking; “how do I take my online business a notch higher”? it’s simple!!” username=”@sendfixdigital”]
What is SEO?
If you’re a digital marketer, I am quite certain that this acronym rings a bell, but what does it entail? SEO is an acronym which stands for search engine optimization, it is the process of optimizing your web content to appear on the first pages of search engines, it is also the process of optimizing your content to appear on top pages when users search for certain keywords that you cover.
This is important because every day, millions of internet users are searching for different things over a wide range of topics. For instance, if you happen to be a fitness blogger and you write about “how to lose belly fat” there are millions of people who are searching for this keyword too, so it is super important to optimize your content in such a way that search engines would view you as an authority on that subject and would be happy to place you on its top pages.
SEO is divided into two major parts:
- On-page SEO: this aspect of search engine optimization has to do with how much effort you put into optimizing your content and your website. It is the optimization that happens within your website and It covers things like, keyword research, internal backlinking, site speed, content etc.
- Off-page SEO: this refers to the optimization that happens outside your website. These are usually external factors and they include things like, backlinks from other websites, social media promotion etc.
Why Do SEO Matters?
SEO is an important part of any online business. As a matter of fact, if you want to make any success out of your online business, you cannot afford to ignore SEO. Some people do not think that SEO is such a big deal, but think about how much free traffic you would be missing out on, and how many potential customers you could be losing if you do not take advantage of the millions of search engine users that you could target and convert.
Benefits of SEO
There are so many benefits of SEO and we are just going to touch on a few.
- It builds credibility: having your web pages ranking on the first pages of search engines would most certainly give you a lot more credibility than your competitors. This would also make your customers think that you are an authority in your niche and they would trust you more.
- It improves users experience: the process of optimizing your page, providing good content and easy to navigate pages all lead to better user experience.
- It creates brand awareness: with more and more people seeing your brand on the first pages of any search engine they would automatically become more aware of your brand. SEO is one of the cost-effective ways to increase brand awareness.
- It increases sales: SEO helps you target potential customers and also coverts traffic into sales. If you have a product or service you sell, with the use of SEO you can target and reach millions of potential customers and there is a good chance that a good number of these customers would be interested in buying what you’re selling.
- It drives traffic: every digital marketer knows how important traffic is to the success of any online business. what use is it, if you put out amazing content and no one sees it. SEO is one of the easiest ways to get lots of people to see your products and services.
Why Do Your Business Needs SEO?
SEO is vital for business growth; it suffices to say that without SEO your business might not grow to its full potential. Profit, customers, sales, these are some of the most important things to any business owner and SEO is one of the fastest and easiest ways to achieve these. Whatever it is you are looking to achieve as a business owner, SEO can help you achieve it at the snap of a finger.
Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the promotion of products and services via electronic devices. It is advertising delivered through digital channels, and some of these channels include, Social media, PPC, Google Adwords, Amazon, Organic; SEO
Needless to say that SEO is extremely vital to every digital marketer, it is important for online success. SEO is the process of making web pages easy to find, this means applying SEO as a digital marketer would help your customers find out about your business even though you are surrounded by countless competitors. As a digital marketer, you need to have a competitive advantage and SEO provides you with that. In addition to that, advertising is an important aspect of every business and SEO provides you with a lot of free advertising.
Why you need an SEO expert: with all that has been said, I’m quite certain that you are very enthusiastic about getting started on your SEO journey, the good news is; anyone can master SEO, but with the high level of competition in the world of digital marketing and within the cyberspace in general, it is super important to employ the services of an SEO expert, Someone with some level of experience and expertise. An SEO expert is someone who has already gained some substantial level of experience in the field and knows how to optimize web pages effectively.
Employing the services of an SEO expert is;
- it would save you from the hassle of trial and error
- it would save you time
- it would prevent you from wasting valuable resources
Finally, SEO is an expensive and longterm goal and therefore, demands financial preparation before executing. The right SEO implementation will definitely improve your business online and generate you more return on investments.